Re: Darwin 64 questions

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Darwin 64 questions
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 22:46:05 +0100

Le 21/12/2022 à 22:29, Paolo Prete a écrit :
1) Why does the official LilyPond website not mention the GitLab unofficial
builds anymore?

Because they were done in order to provide 64-bit binaries as there
were no official binaries of 2.22 for 64-bit macOS, which was a big
problem.

Now that we do provide 64-bit binaries, there is no longer a
point in linking to outdated unofficial versions while we can
offer up-to-date official versions.

2) IIUC, MacPorts provides two builds: 2.22.0 and 2.24.0, and Homebrew
provides only 2.24.0: is this true or are there other versions to download?

[I can't answer this one.]

3) I need to test 2.22.0 with GitHub's CI workflow. However, GitHub doesn't
provide MacPorts for installing software (it only supports Homebrew), nor I
have a corresponding archive that I could download and decompress with a
command line: therefore I'm stuck... Any idea of how to solve this?

Honestly, I think this is too much to ask given how the macOS situation
has been in the past years. I would just give up on testing 2.22
on macOS GitHub CI. FWIW, if you're using matrix workflows, you
can exclude matrix configurations
(https://docs.github.com/en/actions/using-jobs/using-a-matrix-for-your-jobs#excluding-matrix-configurations),
allowing you to keep CI for 2.22 on Linux and Windows but not macOS.

4) What about 64 bit binary builds for versions different than 1.19.83,
2.22.0 and 2.24.0? Are they available somewhere?

I am not aware of any.

Regards,
Jean