Re: Issue with deep-copy/map-some-music a tuplet

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Issue with deep-copy/map-some-music a tuplet
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 19:21:57 +0100

> Le 25 déc. 2022 à 19:10, Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> BTW:
>
> {
>   \override TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##f
>   \tuplet 3/2 { s8 s8 s8 }
> }
>
> In 2.24.0 and previous versions this raises the "omitting tuplet bracket with
> neither left nor right bound" warning, even if the bracket-visibility is
> explicitly set to false.

Why would that change anything? With bracket-visibility = #f, the tuplet
bracket is still there, just not visible. The tuplet number is still there and
can be visible.

> It would be good, IMHO, that the warning is not raised in similar cases,
> especially if a tuplet of skips is expected as the result of some function.
> I wonder if there is already a workaround for this

There is this…

#(ly:expect-warning "omitting tuplet bracket with neither left nor right bound")

I won’t know if there is a better workaround until I’ll have delved into
Tuplet_engraver. At which point there should be a fix anyway.

> and if it can be tracked as an issue on GitLab.

I don’t understand why you think this necessitates an issue separate from the
one that has already been created.