Re: LSR update?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LSR update?
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 18:06:31 +0100

Am Di., 27. Dez. 2022 um 17:08 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>:

> Le 27/12/2022 à 16:55, Thomas Morley a écrit :
> >
> > Lateron, when LSR runs 2.24.0, we need to insert all snippets from
> > /Documentation/snippets/new.
> > This is tedious, any help would be great.
>

> I hope it will be done by feeding LSR with the updated snippets in
> batch and not by editing them one by one... ?

As far as I know it needs indeed to be done one by one through the web interface

> > As final step we need to delete the ones from
> > /Documentation/snippets/new and commit the new state,
> > I would be very thankful if someone else could do so.
>

> This should be a matter of running makelsr.pl and removing
> all snippets from new/ present in stable/2.24, right?

Yep, though I very often (always) struggle when I need to run makelsr.pl ...

> > Out of curiosity and not related to lsr-update, do you have an example
> > of 2.22.-code (where Mark_engraver is moved) which would not run in
> > 2.24.?
>

> \version "2.22.2"
>
> \layout {
>    \context {
>      \Score
>      \remove Mark_engraver
>    }
>    \context {
>      \Staff
>      \consists Mark_engraver
>    }
> }
>
> <<
>    \new Staff { \mark \default c'1 }
>    \new Staff { c'1 }
>  >>

> 2.22 doesn't print a mark in the second staff, 2.24
> does. You have to move Mark_tracking_translator as
> well if you don't want it.

True, though it's still valid code for 2.24...
But I'll end the discussion on that specific topic now :)

> >> The latter (\tweak direction #DOWN) is shown in the official docs, maybe
> >> we can add a snippet just for it.
> > I still think it is usefull.
> >
> > Btw, the "obsolet"-additions are from you?
>

> Yup.
>

> > Do you think all of the snippets labelled this way should be deleted?
>

> Yes.
>

> > If so, I suggest to upfate them as well and delete them after lsr-update is
> > done
>

> Not sure I understand, why should we update them first if it's to delete
> them immediately?

It's more a matter of timing (as long as we have 2.22-lsr they can
stay) and "forgetfulness" (updated snippets don't disturb, but
forgetting to delete them correctly would be bad).