Re: LSR update?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LSR update?
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 21:15:07 +0100

Am Di., 27. Dez. 2022 um 16:55 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
<thomasmorley65@gmail.com>:

> Am Di., 27. Dez. 2022 um 15:24 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra
> <jean@abou-samra.fr>:
> >
> > Le 27/12/2022 à 15:06, Thomas Morley a écrit :

> > > (3)
> > > It's not possible to do
> > > lilypond *.ly
> > > on all snippets.
> > > Somewhere there's a bleed over, causing multiple
> > > warnings/errors/crashes on otherwise clean compilimg snippets, when
> > > compiled separately.
> > > Worth researching I'd say, too tired right now though.
> >

> > I think this is a lost cause. There is a lot of hacky Scheme code
> > in snippets and I think quite a few are not protected against
> > bleedover.
>
> Once I have much time, I may give it a try. Not that I'd know when
> "much time" will happen...

Today I found some time :)

lilypond *.ly on all lsr-snippets fails because of the following snippets:
  custom-tuning-and-midi-rendering.ly
  dodecaphonic-staff.ly
  dodecaphonic-staff-with-accurate-ledger-lines.ly
  microtonal-notation-and-theory-of-harmony.ly
  retuning-to-a-regular-temperament.ly

All of them are using ly:set-default-scale and/or
ly:parser-set-note-names on toplevel niveau.

How to limit those settings to the current file?

Otherwise all snippets are updated in one or the other way, even the 5
snippets above compile if compiled separately.

Still some work to do...

Cheers,
  Harm