Re: GSoC 2023,Re: GSoC 2023

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GSoC 2023,Re: GSoC 2023
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:47:59 +0000 (UTC)

> I won't mentor anyone (I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this for
> someone roughly my age),

Rest assured that this is not an issue at all!  I really bow down
before your knowledge and skills regarding LilyPond.

> Also, the "size of project" field needs to be filled in for each
> proposal. This is a new requirement from Google, as there was only
> one size before the 2022 program. If you are proposing to mentor a
> project, please give an estimate of "medium" (apparently ~175 hours)
> or "large" (~350 hours).

I consider 'Adding variants of font glyphs' a 'medium' project.

Another thing is that GSoC projects are no longer restricted to three
months.  The time interval can be stretched up to six months if
desired by the student and/or the mentor.

    Werner