Re: Strange difference between release and self-compiled binary on "2" g

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Strange difference between release and self-compiled binary on "2" glyph
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 19:13:32 +0200

Le lundi 27 mars 2023 à 12:17 +0000, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
> For glyph 'two', the postprocessing effects are very subtle; FontForge
> adds points at all extrema and reduces the number of points to get
> smaller fonts (ensuring that the outline changes are less than a
> certain threshold).  I suspect that this last step doesn't work
> correctly.

OK, if the one we both get in our local builds is the right one, the change is
in the good direction: our recent FontForge versions (I have 20220308) are
correct, while the old FontForge version (from 2012) on CentOS 7 as used in the
official binaries have the bug. Then I guess there is nothing to do; the glitch
will just go away when we switch to a newer OS for doing releases. Thanks for
analyzing.