Re: multiple staff sizes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: multiple staff sizes
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 22:35:39 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> I know this is in the FAQ, but try as I might, I cannot get what is written
> there to work.
>
> (How) Can I get one staff a different size from the others?
>
> (For example, a solo part in small size above an accompaniment.)

Hmm, the FAQ answer was outdated and so was input/test/staff-size.ly
I've attached an updated version of this example file that almost
works. Everything is in the correct size except for the time
signature. Han-Wen or Jan, can you explain why (I've tried setting
relative-font-size using \outputproperty but it doesn't help).

  /Mats

\version "1.3.146"
\score {
  \notes \relative c' < \context Voice {
    \context Staff \outputproperty #(make-type-checker 'staff-symbol-interface)
        #'staff-space = #(/ 16 20)
        \property Staff.fontSize = #-1
        \property Voice.fontSize = #-1

        \dynamicUp \stemDown
%\key gis \major
        c8 d [e f g a] b c \ff
  }

\context Staff = VB {  \dynamicDown c,,4 \ff c c c  }

\paper { linewidth = -1. }