Just a question

From: Debbie Miller
Subject: Just a question
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:30:58 -0600

Hello,
  Have you ever heard of the numbering system??? I have a music score that is in the numbering system ( ie. 5  1   1/3  5(7)  and so on.) but I have no idea how to translate that and put it on a music score (could it perhaps be the chords to the song. Please let me know, if you know of any web sites or links on this subject. I actually got the score from United States (Nashville).
Please let me know.
I'm not from America but Canada and would like to know if you have any info on this,
Thanks,