Re: Parse error attempting to resize font (1.4.12/Windows)

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: Re: Parse error attempting to resize font (1.4.12/Windows)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:47:52 -0600

That did the trick.  There is another similar question ( Nov. 2001)  on
the list with a similar question so you get 2 kudos with one response.

The 'manual' does not explain this well - then again I am relatively new
(been at LilyPond for less than 3 weeks) so I'm not used to the nuances
in the documentation.  I've been using the online manual and tutorial,
as well as mutopia to 'learn  by example'.  There is a lot of theory
behind this that I'm not familiar with - won't be until I get Linux up
again, stuff like moving grobs manually to avoid collisions the system
gave up on (probably my fault).  I note some of the mutopia examples
I've referred to use a lot of deprecated syntax.. However I do recall
the online (static) manual mentions 'simultaneous' and {} as shorthand.

One thing I'm interested in - has anyone thought of using XML as a
neutral definition language in front of LilyPond?  Potentially more
verbose, but there are potential benefits as well.  (Probably will start
this as a separate thread if I get any takers on this question.)

Again, thanks
/Hans