Re: lilypond on MacOSx

From: Christian Hitz
Subject: Re: lilypond on MacOSx
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:59:13 +0200

Am Mittwoch den, 14. August 2002, um 14:08, schrieb Mats Bengtsson:

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

  File "/sw/bin/ly2dvi", line 825, in ?
    setup_environment ()
  File "/sw/bin/ly2dvi", line 375, in setup_environment
    del os.environ['TEXMF']
  File "/sw/lib/python2.2/os.py", line 423, in __delitem__
    del self.data[key]
KeyError: TEXMF

It seems from the Python documentation that the Mac version of
Python does not include any os.putenv() function

That seems very unlikely to me.  Python is running on Darwin, which is
UNIX, not Macos?

The error above doesn't complain about os.environ, or putenv, but
about the TEXMF key missing.

Yes, but we check on the line before that the key exists, so
that shouldn't be a problem. It's really hard to debug without
access to a Mac.

This problem occurs only with the lilypond-1.5.52 fink package installed. When compiling from the latest sources and installing, ly2dvi has no problems. So there is probably nothing wrong with python or ly2dvi but with the fink package.

Christian

Get my PGP-Public Key from:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chitz/public-key.pgp