Re: Beams on top?

From: Laurent Duperval
Subject: Re: Beams on top?
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 23:57:20 -0400 (EDT)

On 18 Aug, Graham Percival wrote:

> By "above the notes", do you mean "a beam is printed directly on a note"
> (like in bar 1) or "my beams are messed up" (like in bars 7 and 8)?

By "above the notes", I actually meant "below the notes". *sigh*

> In both cases, I'd use \stemUp or \stemDown to fix things.

Yep. Actually, by reading the polyphony section yet again (yes, I had
read it before postng -- you wouldn't think so. would you?) I clicked on
the \voiceOne and \voiceTwo sections which seem to do what I want.

> Reference Manual -> Polyphony

Yep, thanks!

> (that said, bar 1 might be considered a bug.  But I have no idea how
> hard it would be to fix it, especially so late in the 1.5.x series)

Well, the \voiceOne \voiceTwo thing seems to have fixed it for me.

Thanks!

Laurent Duperval <mailto:address@hidden>

"If we can't fix it, it isn't broken."
        Lab manager