Line breaking and fingering

From: Minh A. Hoang
Subject: Line breaking and fingering
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 04:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hellow,
I am using lilypond 1.5.71 on windows machine. I would like to ask for
your experiences concerning manual line breaking and fingering
placement,
1. How can I break to a new line just before a grace note? (See the
example below in the upper voice. If I quote the grace note away,
everything goes fine. For now, it seems to be unable to start a new
line with a grace note.)

2. How can I put the fingering indication not only above or bellow a
note but also beside it? (This happens sometimes if I want to finger
for every note in an arpeggio.)

3. For guitar player, sometimes string indication is needed. It is
shown by a circle around the string number above or bellow a note. How
do I draw this? In the example I used text markup to put "(2)" (B
string) above fis8. But it's not really as desired as convention.

I would appreciate any hint from you,

-Minh.