Re: more voices

From: Hans Kieserman
Subject: Re: more voices
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 07:48:08 -0500

----- Original Message -----
> > in two separate bracketed-voice-contexts, why assume that it's the
> > same Voice?
>
> Nothing is assumed, the names are simply the same: "" -> same voice.
>
> Jan.

Agreed- nothing is assumed, although from a theoretical standpoint everything
is a design decision.  (Sorry, I'm being too picky.)

Could this behaviour be made explicit in the docs?  I would like to suggest a
code change or adjustable property setting (to allow the assumption that
different bracketed Voices are "named" differently) as a possible
"improvement"- I know I'm going to lose : ), but it's one of those usability
compromises.  It is much more theoretically pure to have the default name for a
Voice be "", but software could provide shortcuts that save time and typing.

Anyway.  Got it now, thank you.
Hans

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

"Free price comparison tool gives you the best prices and cash back!"
http://www.bestbuyfinder.com/download.htm