Re[2]: chord spread over two staves (piano)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re[2]: chord spread over two staves (piano)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 02:46:23 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> MB> Others can provide more details, I've never done this
> MB> myself.
>
> Here's how I do it (output in `preview.png') -- of course it must be
> place in context:

Complete snippet (and slightly shorter: )

        \header {
            texidoc = "Cross staff stems

        Unfortunately, there is no support for putting chords across staves.
        You can get this result by increasing the length of the stem in the
        lower stave so it reaches the stem in the upper stave, or vice versa.

        @cindex  Cross staff stems
        @cindex Stems, cross staff

        "
        }

        stemExtend = \once \property Voice.Stem \override #'length  = #22

        %% following reqs 1.7.1 or better.
        noFlag = \once \property Voice.Stem \override #'flag-style = #'no-flag

        \score { \notes
            \context  PianoStaff
                < \context Staff = up   {
                    \stemDown