Re: removing the StaffSymbol lines (pentagram) and keeping the barlines

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: removing the StaffSymbol lines (pentagram) and keeping the barlines
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:32:29 +0200

Fabio dos Santos wrote:

I'm having trouble trying to remove the StaffSymbol Lines, and keeping
the barlines. . . Any ideas how I can do that?

>              \translator { \StaffContext StaffSymbol
>                           \override #'line-count = #0 }

This is generally not a good idea because some spacing algorightms get a bit confused if there are no lines to refer to.
A better solution is to set

            StaffSymbol \override #'transparent = ##t

(within the same translator). This way the bar lines are also maintained.
If you REALLY want to set linecount to 0 then you can alter the height of bar lines with

BarLine \override #'bar-size = #<height of line measured in staff space>

-Rune