Re: jazz articulations

From: Jens Haug
Subject: Re: jazz articulations
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:56:32 +0200 (MEST)

http://www.lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Glissando.htm
> and the example blank-notes.ly at
> http://lilypond.org/stable/input/test/out-www/test.html

Ok, but since these blank notes count for the bar check (don't they?),
I'll have to hide them in a chord, right? Like:
 r1 | d2-\glissando <r2 \blanknotes g,2 \unblanknotes> | r1
Would that work? Because I think
 r1 | d2-\glissando \blanknotes g4 \unblanknotes r2 | r1
wouldn't.
Can I use a zigzag line instead of a straight line?
What I'd really like to have is a short notation like
 r1 | d2-\fall r2 | r1
I think with the blank notes I'd run into problems when there's
no place to hide the blank note. For example, if I need
 r1 | d2-\fall d2-\raise | r1
or
 r1 | d1-\fall \bar "||"

> > and the bend (dropping the tone by relaxing the lips).
>
> How is it notated?

It's a line that looks like a slur ("open" side up, like a slur
under two notes) that is placed before the note like a glissando
or above a note like a legato.

So basically what I'd like to have is shorthand for placing
different lines (straight/zigzag/bent) before (lower left)
or after (lower right) a note and a shorthand for placing
a bent line above a note (like a legato).

Is that possible?

Thanks for your help!

Jens

--
Jens Haug
IKFF Universität Stuttgart              Tel. 0711/685-6422