page layout3

From: David Bobroff
Subject: page layout3
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:32:28 +0000

>> >You can set the vertical space used for the music with
>> >\paper{
>> >  textheight = 285.\mm
>> >}
>> >
>> >or whatever height you want.
>>
>> That's one of the things I've been trying.  It hasn't made *any*
>> difference.  I just now tried it with textheight = 390.0 \mm (yes, I mean
>> 390.00 \mm not 290.0 \mm) to see what would happen.  It still comes out
>> 8+8+8+2.  Am I likely making some other error?
>
>If you use ly2dvi it should definitely make a difference.
>I just tried it with 1.6.5 on one of my scores and it worked
>fine. Note that the page breaking is done by TeX, not by
>Lilypond itself. If you run ly2dvi -k, you can see how the
>textheight parameter is transfered to the geometry LaTeX
>package in ly2dvi.dir/*.latex.

I'm definitely using ly2dvi.  Running with the -k option I get this in the
*.latex file:

\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{width=190mm,headheight=2mm,footskip=2mm,portrait}

In this case my paper block is:

\paper{
        textheight = 285.0 \mm
}

Shouldn't I see some reference to textheight in the *.latex file?

-David Bobroff
Lilypond 1.6.4 Cygwin