more Scandinavian2

From: David Bobroff
Subject: more Scandinavian2
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:31:44 +0000

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

>The problem is that the TeX code that Lilypond outputs uses low-level
>TeX font selection commands, not the NFSS font selection scheme of
>LaTeX2e. As long as you don't have any national characters in the
>actual music (lyrics or text scripts), it will work fine to use
>the fontenc package to specify the T1 encoding.

Ok, I mostly understand this.  I'm a bit confused by something, though.  If
I run lilypond on my file *without* any LaTeX wrapper I find this in my
*.latex file:

\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

It happens that my LaTeX distribution (within Cygwin) does not seem to
recognize this package.  If I edit this line to read:

\usepackage{t1enc}

I can then run LaTeX and then dvips, and it will display the otherwise
missing characters.  However, if I try to run ps2pdf I get a pdf file that
won't display properly.  The page size is wrong.  If I let ly2dvi run it
all the way to pdf for me, I can't get the Icelandic letter in because I
have to edit the *.latex file.

Catch 22

What now?

Thanks,