Re: Hanging tie with cue notes

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Hanging tie with cue notes
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:50:52 -0800

On Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:42:22 -0500
Daniel Ashton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks Graham.  I really appreciate your ready replies.

Just trying to repay the Lilypond crew for all the help they've given me.  :)

> I looked in the ref manual for every permutation of "visib" and
> "transpar".  The closest I found was transparent stems.  Can you help me
> see how to get from there to invisible notes?

Always remember to search the maillist.  :)
Also look at input/test/bland-notes.ly

But since I have it handy, I'll paste it here:

inv = { \property Voice.NoteHead \override #'transparent  = ##t
          \property Voice.Stem \override #'transparent = ##t }
unv = { \property Voice.NoteHead \revert #'transparent
       \property Voice.Stem \revert #'transparent }

usage:

\relative c {
\tempo 4=88
<{[d16^#"III"\p^#"Moderato" ( \inv )d\unv d(] \inv )d\unv  } \\
 {s16 [d_#"II" s d]}> r4 r2

(that's INVisible and UNiVisible)

> One of my fundamental mental stumbling blocks is how to get them to not
> clash with the R1*6.

blah blah ~ |
< {\inv ~ a2} {R1*6} >
\unv