Re: how2

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: how2
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:49:13 +0100

You are correct that #1 and #3 are supported nicely in the latest
1.7.x versions but unfortunately not in the stable versions.
One possible workaround is to attach the text/script to a spacing
note in a parallel line of music:
<R2. {s2 s4^"Allegretto"}>
but it can be tricky to get the horizontal alignment correct.

For #4, take a look at the documentation of the breakAlignOrder
property of the Score context, see
http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Score.html
The default settings can be found close to the top of the page and an
example of the syntax is found further down in the paragraph on Break_align_engraver.

For #2, take a look at the documentation of the MultiMeasureRest
object at
http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/MultiMeasureRest.html
In particular, you will find a property called expand-limit which is
exactly what you're looking for.

   /Mats

David Bobroff wrote:
I posted four problems two days ago.  I think I have found an answer to two
of them:

1) Place text markup (tempos) over block rests.

2) Make block rests change style at 10 measures.  I want a 10-measure rest
to be a single beam rather than two quads and a double.

3) Place a fermata over a single, centered, measure rest (likely related to
#1).

4) Print key changes *after* the barline rather than before.  I normally
see a key change printed following a barline rather than before, but Lily
wants to place it before the barline.

#1 and #3 appear to be addressed in the regression tests.  I tried to run
the test on my setup:

\score { \notes {
 \time 3/4
  R2._\markup { \center << \musicglyph  #"scripts-dfermata" \roman "Ad lib"
 >>  }
  R2.^\fermataMarkup
  R2.^"4"
  c2.
}}

But got an "unexpected NUMBER_IDENTIFIER" error.  Then I saw that the
regression tests were for v1.7.x and I'm using 1.6.8.  I suppose this is a
version issue.  Correct?

I'm still at a loss as to the fix for #2 (change block rest style for 10
bars rest) and #4 (place key changes after the barline).

Thanks,

David Bobroff

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing