Re: Lute tablature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lute tablature
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:59:42 +0200

I still didn't get the complete picture for lilypond: It's possible to use letters instead of numbers including the omission of stems. Is it correct that it is not possible to add the rhythm horizontal above the lines I didn't try anything like this yet.

I'm not sure what layout you want here, but if you just want the note
heads, stems and flags but no staff lines printed on a separate line,
that's easy. Take a look at the example file
input/test/rhythm-excercise.ly at http://lilypond.org/stable/input/test/out-www/test.html
You could easily put one such line on top of a normal stave or a
tab stave.

Would it also be possible to use numbers but the concept 180 degrees rotated? I.e. the first open string indicated by 'a' of the first line converted into '0' on the 6th line (this is the so-called 'italian' tablature).

You have to write a few lines of Scheme code (a programming languate
similar to LISP) to get this. I actually think I saw an example in
an earlier email in this particular email discussion.

   /Mats