Re: Suppressing the printing of default objects

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Suppressing the printing of default objects
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 02:44:55 -0700

On Thu, 22 May 2003 10:09:25 +0100
Nigel Warner <address@hidden> wrote:
>  \score {
>   \context Staff <
>   \property Staff.TimeSignature \override #'transparent = ##f
>       If anyone can shed some light on this, or the problem of
> suppressing the printing of objects in general I would be grateful.

For this I think you want to look into removing contexts.  See:
http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Changing-context-definitions.html

>       Secondly, I have acquired the source and installed it but have
> been unable to generate the internals documentation using the
> incantation:
>
>       make -C Documentation/user/ out/lilypond-internals.html

Does "make web-doc" work?  As far as I know, that should build the
internals documentation as well.

>       Thirdly, just in case you were wondering, I am doing this in
>       Windows as Mandrake 9.1 does not support my motherboard/nvidia
>       chipset yet so I am without sound under Linux. Does anyone know
>       how to write to a NTFS partition from Linux ? As far as I can
>       tell Linux is mounting it read/write but I can't
> seem to write to it.

I know that a few years ago, Linux couldn't write to NTFS -- the authors
were having difficulties reverse-engineering the filesystem.  I don't know
if these issues have been resolved yet.

I'm surprised that you can't get your motherboard/nvidia chipset to work.
I thought that Nvidia's video drivers worked pretty well (apart from being
closed-source).

Cheers,
- Graham