clef changes

From: Giammarco Zacheo
Subject: clef changes
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:37:43 +0200

While writing piano parts I got a small problem when a clef change occurs at the end of a bar: if there is a clef change i.e. a clef change to bass in the lower staff, an extra space appears in the upper staff; this does not happens when the clef change occurs in the middle of a bar. Sometimes in this case the clef is
too close to the preceding note.
How can I override this? I am really not an expert lilypond user, so...

Thanks & Bye

Giammarco