Re: so close but so far

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: so close but so far
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:44:48 +0200

lilypond-book calls the command 'latex', not the command 'tex'.
So, you should fake the latex command to use the corresponding
command from etex. It may actually be easier for you to edit the
/usr/bin/lilypond-book program itself. The line to change is

                cmd = *"latex '\\nonstopmode \input %s'"* % fname

(there's a second call to latex later in the program, but that's only used
if you use the 'eps' option in your lilypond fragments in the document.

Of course, this shows the need to include better support in lilypond-book
to customize this particular call to LaTeX.

  /Mats

Aaron wrote:

Hi Mats and everyone,

I have been playing with trying to get lilypond-book to accepte etex
instead of tex.

I made a script file which will use etex instead of tex and added it to
my path. I did this for root as well.

when I type tex at a prompt I get etex.
When I run lilypond-book with my wrapper file it tells me to use etex
instead of tex????

How can I tell lilypond-book to load etex instead of tex???

Thanks
Aaron