Writing a front-end for lilypond

From: Terje Tjervaag
Subject: Writing a front-end for lilypond
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:55:14 +0200

Hi people,

I am writing a banjo tabulature editor for Mac OS X, and I am using Lilypond for the tab output. Right now I am drawing the staff the user is currently editing by myself (by use of the Cocoa framework's drawing routines) and updating a pdf view (output from ly2dvi) periodically. This approach however, removes the user somewhat from the actual score, and I am wondering if there is a better way of doing this.

Does anyone have any tips regarding this? How does the other front ends to lilypond handle this? Sorry if I have not explained my problem properly. Ask and I will provide a more detailed explanation.

Thanks for any help!!

Terje

Hotmail snakker ditt språk! http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/sbox?rru=dasp/lang.asp - Få Hotmail på norsk i dag