Cygwin and 1.8

From: Nigel Warner
Subject: Cygwin and 1.8
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:30:25 +0100

Dear All,

        I seem to have a problem with 1.8. I have done a clean experimental
        install and all the pieces seem to be present but lilypond-book fails
        with the error message:

        Running latex...cannot create /dev/stderr: device nonexistant

        Later on in the only log file I can find there are complaints
        about the fact that feta16 is missing characters which I am attributing
        to the fact that Lilypond-book has not run when I attempt to process
        the .latex file.

        Any ideas ?

        Nigel