Re: Beaming and barlines

From: Erik Ronström
Subject: Re: Beaming and barlines
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:22:15 +0200

>If you want to make incomplete measures, you have to use "\property
>Score.measureLength"
>to set the actual length of the measure like in the following example:
>
> [...]

Is that any different from using \partial ... ?

I tried the \partial approach, but the automatic beaming doesn't seem to know
hown to beam a partial measure of  e g
5/8. So the result is the same: I have to use manual beaming - which is exactly
what I want to avoid.

BTW, my example do "work", i e it doesn't generate a syntax error and the
result looks good except for the  beaming.
I have now changed the \bar "|:" style to \repeat blocks, but the beaming
problem remains.

Regards
Erik