Re: Quarter-tones

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Quarter-tones
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:11:11 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> AFAIK this is not yet available..... i highly endorse your request for
> inclusion of this much-needed feature!
>
> perhaps, in the meantime, someone has a work-around??

The need hasn't really arised yet, although I do remember someone
hacking around, substituting double with single and single with half
flats.

My real problem is: where does it end? We can add quarter tone
accidentals by doubling the alteration field,
we now have

            0 = natural,
            1 = sharp
            2 = double sharp.

We could do

   0 = natural
   1 = 1/2 sharp
   2 = sharp
   3 = 3/4 sharp
   4  = double sharp,

would that be sufficient, or will we get someone clamoring for 1/3
sharps shortly?