Re: Clarification on Staff Spacing

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Clarification on Staff Spacing
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:02:48 +0200

If you keep reading to the end of
http://lilypond.org/doc/v1.8/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Vertical-spacing.html
you will learn that the PianoStaff context has a fixed distance between
the two staves and you will find an example showing how to change it.

  Mats

Will Oram wrote:
Reading old archives and documentation, I'm getting the idea that

    \property Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-12 . 12)

increases the space BETWEEN the staves. Instead, I see it increase the space on top and bottom of the system. It's a good tweak to know, but it's not what I'm looking for.

Given a piano staff, what property controls the distance between up/down? Or did I misposition the above property somehow?

Thanks.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems