Re: Lilypond, tetex, MiKTeX, and Emacs on Windows

From: Bill Harris
Subject: Re: Lilypond, tetex, MiKTeX, and Emacs on Windows
Date: 25 Sep 2003 10:23:32 -0700

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems that prosper is not included in tetex.  If you install
> tetex-doc, the file
>
>     /usr/share/texmf/doc/help/Catalogue/entries/prosper.html
>
> advises you to get it from ctan yourself.  You really have to add it
> to cygwin's tetex texmf tree.

Thanks, Jan, for the quick answer.

What I was hoping to have was a pointer to something that would allow me
to switch between tetex and MiKTeX.  I have a number of things
configured in MiKTeX, and I worry about the time it would take (and the
dead ends I might encounter) when doing a wholesale switch to tetex.

It'd be easy if I didn't have business I needed to conduct under
Windows; then I'd install Linux, use tetex, and be done with it.

Do you (or others) know of a simple way to switch back and forth?  I'm
tempted to let cygwin setup try it by uninstalling tetex, but I'm
concerned that there may still be work to reconnect MiKTeX.

If you don't have a quick answer, I may just start building up my tetex
tree.  :-( I have a Prosper presentation I wanted to have in the mail 30
minutes ago.

Thanks,

Bill
--
Bill Harris                                  3217 102nd Place SE
Facilitated Systems                          Everett, WA 98208 USA