Special Characters in Lilypond and Latex

From: Rob V
Subject: Special Characters in Lilypond and Latex
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 14:21:44 -0500

I did some more experimenting to try to answer my own question I posted earlier.

When I used my fonts directly for the lyrics in Lilypond, it was the font that
determined if the composite characters were created, and worked the same as
using them directly in Latex without T1 font encoding.  When I used these fonts
as a font-family in Latex with T1 font encoding, some composites were created,
depending on the font, and for all the fonts, valid characters like d’ were
substituted instead of making a composite with d and a check above.

So the problems come in when I want to use the composite characters in the text
of the document (which requires T1 font encoding for my font) and also use the
composite characters in the lyrics of my songs (which requires not using T1
encoding).  I can get either one or the other, but not both.

I can’t figure any way around this.  My booklet needs to be finished by the end
of the month, so for now I’m just importing the songs into a word processor
instead of using Lilypond-book.

I've included my Lilypond 2.0.1 files below if anyone wants to look at them.
If you have any ideas or suggestions about how I'm making my files, or can
check the Slovak grammar, let me know.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/