Re: command line option to specify output filename?

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: Re: command line option to specify output filename?
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:30:16 -0700

Niki Pantelias wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   Sorry if this question is answered in the documentation somewhere -- I have
> not been able to find it.
>
>   Is there a command-line (or other?) option to specify the path and/or
> filenames separately for the .pdf, .ps, .dvi, and .tex output files?  I would
> like to send each of these to a separate subdirectory to make them easier to
> keep track of when generating lots of parts.

With version 2.0.1, entering "lilypond -help" gives the syntax.  I
believe the same goes for "ly2dvi" and "lilypond-book"

Also - the use of 'out' directories is discussed in the lilypond-book
sections.

If you're adventurous or familiar with *nix "make" command, check out
the Mutopia Project's copy of Handel's Giulio Cesare for a great example
of controlling the output of a large score.  This is at
http://www.mutopiaproject.org > browse > by instrument > orchestra > 6th
in.

HTH
/Hans