Adjusting chord names and key signatures

From: Tim Walters
Subject: Adjusting chord names and key signatures
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:00:07 -0800

I may have missed this in the documentation somewhere, but I can't figure out how to get my chord symbols to print closer to the staff. Searching the archives gave me this:

\context ChordNames {
     \property ChordNames.ChordName \override #'padding = #1
     ... chords ...
}

but that doesn't seem to do anything. Also, I couldn't even get started on moving the key signature closer to the clef.

Is there a comprehensive list of properties somewhere?