Re: which grob for dots?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: which grob for dots?
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 22:52:39 +0100

Why do you want to move everything like this, it seems that you would
introduce collisions with the bar lines. I guess there are better ways to
obtain what you really want to do.

Ok, I'd like to hear how! Take a look at the attached gif. My client prefers this semi-uncorrect notation since it improves readability compared to the correct notation with 1.000 ties.

Can't you just add an "s16" at the beginning of the voice? If you have bar checks,
LilyPond will give lots of warnings but the layout should be correct anyway.

  /Mats