Re: MIDI repetition

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: MIDI repetition
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:38:29 -0500

On Thursday 15 January 2004 17:11, Erik Sandberg wrote:
> On Thursday 15 January 2004 20.55, Alberto Manuel Brandão Simões
wrote:
> > In the other hand, to unfold them makes the paper output to be
> > unfolded too :(
>
> There is a dirty trick:
> 1. Put your notes in their own file (say notes.ly, which puts all the
> notes of your score into the variable YourNotes).
> 2. Instead of repeat "unfold" 2, use a variable for "unfold" in this
> file. Like
> repeat \foo 2
> 3. In the file with your \score definitions, do two separate score
> blocks for paper & midi, including the notes.ly twice with different
> definitions of foo:

Once you have removed the notes from the score, it is just as
easy or perhaps much easier to have a separate midi version.
This has the considerable advantage of making it possible to
do a bit more with dynamics, where you might not like so many
markings cluttering up the score.  You also might like an
fp repeat.

What would lilypond do with an fp now?  daveA

--
Failure is certain when you fail to identify your enemy and invade the
wrong country.  Our troops defend the enemy and weaken our country by