Re: pedal question

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: pedal question
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:48:04 -0500

Hello, Atte:

How do I get a final pedal that is pressed on the last note
and depressed on the final bar-line?

I believe you mean "released", not "depressed" -- as far as I know, "pressed" and "depressed" in this context are usually interpreted as indicating the same thing, like "flammable" and "inflammable" (stupid English language!).

As for the actual answer to your issue, my guess is that you need to include some simultaneous skip notes in that last measure and attach the pedal release to the last of them.

This whole "attach item to the end of a measure, or to a barline" thing is a wishlist item of mine -- perhaps in a future version, the Lilypond GODs (Great Open-source Developers) will see fit to bless us with such a mechanism...? =)

Hope this helps!
Kieren.