Re: Ledger Lines and LaTeX

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Ledger Lines and LaTeX
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:17:41 +0100

How do you check the result, do you look at the .dvi, .ps, .pdf
or the output of the printer? If you used a PDF, how did you generate
it? The recommended procedure is
dvips -Ppdf -u+lilyond file.dvi
ps2pdf file.ps

If you didn't use these extra flags to dvips and look at the PDF
in Acrobat, it may be that you don't see these details unless you
increase the zoom.

   /Mats

Matthew Syvinski wrote:
Just starting out using LilyPond...

When I run LilyPond alone, music is rendering fine, but if I include
LilyPond markup in a LaTeX document, the final layout doesn't include
ledger lines - notes above and below the staff are just hanging in space!

I have also tried embedding examples from the LilyPond website into
LaTeX documents, and the same thing happens, so I know it's not just
because I'm messing up the markup.

Does anyone know what causes this, and better yet, what the cure is?

Many thanks!

Necessary info:

*Fedora Core 1
*LilyPond 2.0.0 installed from lilypond-2.0.0-1.rhfc1.ccrma.i386.rpm

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology