Re: 2 Questions: spacing-increment and bar numbers

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: 2 Questions: spacing-increment and bar numbers
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:04:35 +0100

Hello list, hello Benjamin,

at this time I can only answer the first question.

You wrote:
> I am using Lilypond 2.1.28 on Mac OS X 10.3.2.  I can't manually set

I'm not quite shure, wether You are using an older lilypond-file.
If You are using 2.1.28, You have to convert older files with
convert-ly.

> the horizontal spacing of my music.  The example given in the
> reference manual,

This seems to be the old reference manual:

>   \paper { \translator  {
>       \ScoreContext SpacingSpanner \override #'spacing-increment = #3.0
>   } }

The new syntax is:
    \paper { \translator  {
      \ScoreContext \override SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment = #3.0
    } }

Probably You have only to check the version of Your reference manual.
;-)

If You convert older files with convert-ly, You needn't change it by
hand. Otherwise You could get a lot of similar problems with other
settings in older lilypond-files.

Regards                         Roland

--
Den Friedensnobelpreis gibt es nicht mehr.
Stattdessen nennt man den neuen Kriegsnobelpreis jetzt so.