Newbie Q: Public access Lilypond server?

From: KEVIN ZEMBOWER
Subject: Newbie Q: Public access Lilypond server?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:41:27 -0500

Please entertain a question from a newbie who just joined the list this
morning. I searched the FAQ and this list's archives without being able to find
an answer.

I'm just getting started with Lilypond, to help engrave traditional music used
by a contra dance band. I've just download and installed Lilypond now, and have
only tried it on one file. While I'm doing this, I wondered why there isn't a
publicly accessible Lilypond server, where users could upload a file, and
Lilypond on the server would process it, and redirect the URL to, say, a pdf
output of the music? Does such a service exist?

I'm trying to work with a friend, a Windows user, and don't want to install
Cygwin + Lilypond on his PC.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm looking forward to learning more about this
software.

-Kevin Zembower