\grace at time change again

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: \grace at time change again
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:23:36 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> 2) REMOVE that particular time change in the time signature (ts) block.
>
> Is there a better way to do this?  Doing it this way is probably
> possible.   I would simply have to place the time changes for the
> measures starting with \grace in each part, comment them out of the time
> signature definition and keep the right amount of s(kip) values in the
> time signature block where the time changes were being specified in the
> separate parts. [Was that sentence long enough?]
>
> -David
>
> ts = \notes \context Voice {
>     \time 4/4 s1
>    % \time 3/4 % This must be commented out

add

        \time 3/4 \grace {
              \skip 8
        }

unfortunately, I now realize that this will create a Voice (and
therefore: a spurious staff), because \grace sets font size
properties. Hmm. - I will have to think about this....

You can get around this by doing

#(define-public (grace-skip dur)
  (ly:export (make-music 'GraceMusic
              'element (make-skip-music dur))))

and then

        \time 3/4
        #(grace-skip (ly:make-duration 3 0))  % 3 == log (8)