two solutions -- Thank You

From: David Bobroff
Subject: two solutions -- Thank You
Date: 25 Mar 2004 13:19:33 +0000

> address@hidden writes:
> > A Staff context can contain several Voice contexts, so just put
> > the different parts in different Voice contexts.
> >
> > \new Staff <<
> >    \new Voice {...}
> >    \new Voice {...}
> >  >>

> That doesn't work with the new DrumStaff. I would add
>
>         \context { \StaffContext
>         \accepts DrumVoice }
>
> and hope that nothing else goes wrong.

With a bit of trial and error (mostly ERROR) I found that this seems to
work (at least it looks alright in my small trial file).  The trick was
to make sure that all the musical information was kept explicitely at
the Voice level.

As for my problem with grace notes at meter changes:

#(define-public (grace-skip dur)
  (ly:export (make-music 'GraceMusic
              'element (make-skip-music dur))))

and then

        \time 3/4
        #(grace-skip (ly:make-duration 3 0))  % 3 == log (8)

This seems to work just fine, too.  Again, I haven't tried it other than
in a trial file but it should work.  The comment at the end of the line
was most valuable, too.

Thanks!!

-David