variable stave distances in piano-staves

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: variable stave distances in piano-staves
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:42:44 +0200

Hello,

globaly I can set the distance between the two staves of piano-staves with:

    \context {
      \PianoStaffContext
      \override VerticalAlignment #'forced-distance = #number
    }

My question:
Is there a possibility to change the distances localy during a score?

I couldn't find in the documentation, wether this is definitively
impossible.

AFAIK it is convenient to take small distances, where only little space
between the staves is used, and to take large distances, where a lot of
space is used (e.g. for many ledger lines or textmarkups etc.).

Best Regards           Roland