Re: Guitar String Numbers

From: Richard Schoeller
Subject: Re: Guitar String Numbers
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:15:58 -0500

The box code does expand the size of the enclosed object.  Depending on
alignment and placement within the markup, this can move the contents of
the box a little.  However, the size only changes by the thickness of
the lines.  I had to go back and look.  It's been a while.

When you put a circle around the object, the circle contacts the
bounding box at the corners.  Assuming a square object, that means that
the circle will sqrt(2)*width wide.  So the circle is 1.7x as wide as
the original bounding box (actually, plus the line thickness).

If you are circling the whole markup and it is a single letter, you
might be able to use center alignment and then tweak the position with
hspace and padding.  If you are trying to circle a portion of the
markup, you have a pretty hard time getting it placed.

--
Dick Schoeller
mailto:address@hidden