Re: Debian SID packager for 2.2.0? [WAS: Lily 2.2.0 is out]

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Debian SID packager for 2.2.0? [WAS: Lily 2.2.0 is out]
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:42:57 -0700

Roland Goretzki wrote:

Hello list, hello Paul,

You wrote:

I have no problem using Feri Wagner's packages on sid.

How can I get Feri Wagner's packages on sid?

I only found version 2.1.36 on the woody page.
That is the latest that he has packaged. That's what I have installed at the moment. I just use whatever he or Pedro packages. I can't say when either of them will package 2.2.0. I just checked and they aren't there yet.

There is the explanation:

   Put the line
   deb http://afavant.elte.hu/~wferi/debian woody main
   in your /etc/apt/sources.list, then say
   # apt-get update

What have I to add or to change to get packages from sid?
The same. The above works fine for a sid system for me. Theoretically there could be dependency problems but I have never had any problems doing this except when one of them has made a packaging mistake which isn't often.

HTH,

Paul