Re: Font changing

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Font changing
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:30:39 +0200

The latexpackages field is a bit primitive, since you cannot
attach options to a specific package. Fortunately, for [T1]{fontenc},
there's a workaround, namely to use
  latexpackages = "t1enc"
which gives the same result and doesn't require any option.
Another alternative is to put but the \usepackage and the
command definition in a separate .tex file and specify its name
using latexheaders.

I'm not sure how you plan to use the \changefont command. If you want
to use it within lyrics, for example, you would have to add it for
every single syllable. Apart from being extremely tedious to type in,
it would ruin LilyPond's ability to calculate the size of each syllable.
A better solution, then, is described in
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-02/msg00204.html

   /Mats

Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
Hi list,

I have found out that I can use latex commands for changing fonts by adding the following lines to the (temporary) *.latex file lilypond produces:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

\newcommand{\changefont}[3]{\fontfamily{#1} \fontseries{#2} \fontshape{#3} \selectfont} Now I would like to add the appropriate commands to the \header block of my *.ly file, but I am not sure how to use "latexpackages" and "latexheaders".

For \usepackage the following seems to work:
latexpackages = "[T1]{fontenc}"

Thank you,
Thomas

cygwin