Re: Barenreiter Verlag used Toppan Scan-Note

From: donald_j_axel
Subject: Re: Barenreiter Verlag used Toppan Scan-Note
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:30:22 +0200

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:15:28 +1000
Bruce McIntyre <address@hidden> wrote:

> http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/ro/hossy/Engraving/GallaryKanno.html
>
> and more info here:
>
> http://www.craftone.co.jp/english/scan-note/index.html
>
> it seems pretty primitive to me; tweaking in Illustrator
> seems to be a requirement for a complete score.

Thank you for interesting links.

Maybe we should point out some of the outstanding examples on Mutopia?

Scan-note has a long history (starting in Denmark almost before computers
were invented) and probably has many qualities. Very interesting links.

I think Lilypond has what is needed to music like the link-example
although it is difficult for a beginner to learn how to tweak and
place e.g. nice slurs. In time there will be simple tools for that
as soon as we get more into details.

/Donald

--
donald_j_axel(at)get2net.dk -- http://d-axel.dk/