Re: bugreport

From: Thorkil Wolvendans
Subject: Re: bugreport
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:34:21 +0200

Hi Steve,

At 19:58 15-4-04, you wrote:
I'm attempting to load Lilypond on Windows 98. When trying to download and process the test.ly file, I received several error messages from windows, then finally the pdf viewer said the file couldn't be opened because it didn't exist. Any ideas?

I know what you're talking about, I have it all the time! :D
It means you made somewhere in your lily file a typo. I don't know about you, but in my case it's nine out of ten times that I forgot to place a ' } ' or something like that. You should check the log file (*.log) that being created when you make a pdf file. You can open it in your favorite text editor. It probebly looks very frightning with all the 'ERROR' and 'WARNING' lines, but try to look beyond that and search for lines with words like 'syntax error'.

Did you retype the test.ly file or copy&paste it from the net?

If you can't find the problem, you can always send the test.ly file to the group. Copy and paste it (the test.ly) in your mail though, cause as far as I know attachments aren't accepted anymore, because of virusses &c.

Regards,
Thorkil

Thanks,
Steve