Re: Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:20:09 +0200

Oddgeir Finstad writes:

> When I ran the file you suggested, it gave me this
> output - without and with --verbose:
>
> 1.
>
> address@hidden lilypond]$ lilypond kodefiler/test.ly
> lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.2.0
> Running lilypond-bin...
> Now processing `kodefiler/test.ly'
> Parsing...
>
> /home/oddgeir/lilypond/kodefiler/test.ly:2:0: error: parse error,
> unexpected $,
> expecting SCM_T or SCM_IDENTIFIER or STRING or '}':
>
>     latexpackages="t1enc"
> Failed files: kodefiler/test.ly

I do not understand.

> Not quite what I hoped for.

Yes, I quite understand.  Could you please double check that you have
the exactly the same input that I sent before:

\header{
    latexpackages="t1enc"
    }
\score{
    <<
        \notes\relative c' {
            a4 a a a a a a a
        }
        \lyricsto "" \new Lyrics \lyrics {
            \override LyricText #'font-name = #"ecrb12"
            Han f\o -- rer d\o {} - dens s\aa g\aa r

md5sum scan.ly
93bf46e4a58f56cbe1e8a8f063d4f082  scan.ly

I don't want to annoy you, but I double checked with lilypond-2.2.0
again, and it works for me.

> Thank you for a great application, by the way. The very first climb was
> extremely steep, but as I have become more and more familiar with the
> doc, it does most of what I want very neatly. Except for lyrics in my
> native language.

Can you still remember what the most difficult thing was?

Jan.