abc2ly and beams

From: Guy Gascoigne-Piggford
Subject: abc2ly and beams
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:53:31 -0700

I'm pretty new to Lilypond but have been toying with ABC for a while now and was very interested to see lilypond's ability to generate very nice pdf files from my abc stuff.

Anyway to cut a long ramble short, I noticed that ABC's idea of beaming wasn't preserved in Lilypond so I've modifed the abc2ly python script from 2.0.1 (the version that I'm running on XP) so that it now supports beams.

I've tested this against my admittedly small abc collection and I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who'd be interested in looking at or otherwise testing this fix. If it ends out looking good then I'll see about submitting it as a bug fix/enhancement.

Since I expect that I can't send a zip file to this list, there is a copy of the script at

http://www.wyrdrune.com/Files/abc2ly2.zip

Guy