Re: CVS branching etc

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: Re: CVS branching etc
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:36:50 -0400

Erik Sandberg <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. What is the easiest way of invoking lilypond directly from the
> source tree?  I.e. how do I easily make ./scripts/out/lilypond
> invoke ./lily/out/lilypond-bin instead of /usr/bin/lilypond-bin, and
> how do I make it use ./scm/, etc. instead of
> /usr/share/lilypond/2.2.0/scm, etc?  (this is pretty crucial since
> I'll have to maintain bug databases for both 2.2 and 2.3; so I'll
> sometimes have to switch between versions just to compile a single
> .ly file).

When I am debugging, I just use lily/out/lilypond-bin, but with
LILYPONDPREFIX set to the lilypond base directory.  My .gdbinit file
(inside the lily directory) looks like this:

file out/lilypond-bin
dir ../flower/include:../flower:include
set environment LILYPONDPREFIX ..
set print static-members off